Firstly, please check through all my key messages via the links on the home page.
After that you can like my Facebook page at “Peter Mitchell Candidate” and see what I am up to most days.
If you want some direct communications then fill in the online contact form and I will get back to you as soon as I am able, mostly within the same working day.
If it just cannot wait, try me on 0412638368 or CLICK HERE to learn more online now.
I am one of you; a local resident who has decided this community deserves an enthusiastic and intelligent representation. I am a self-funded independent candidate. My 25 years as a Physiotherapist have taught me to first listen to people carefully and then work with them to solve their problems. Communication between us has been the key.
I have a wide range of personal, business and life experiences that allow me to see issues from the perspective of others, to “walk a mile in their shoes”. I am a married father of 4 grown daughters, widely travelled in Australia and also overseas, a small business owner and a keen sportsman and outdoor enthusiast. I am an active community volunteer and participant in local events.
My work ethic, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn has seen me almost always succeed in the things I commit myself to.
I am now fully committed to be elected as Councillor for Redland City, and to be energetic and innovative, to stay connected to the people, and be a faithful representative of their wishes.
Updated Boundary Of Division 2
The western boundary of Division 2 will return to the existing boundary that follows the Cleveland locality boundary along the Hilliards Creek and then east to South Street resulting in Division 2 retaining 543 electors in the west (from Division 7) that was detailed in the Proposed Determination. In addition the boundary then veers north at the roundabout to follow Wellington Street, before heading east along Bay Street. As a result of this change, 301 electors will be lost in the south to Division 3 instead of the 817 in the Proposed Determination.
All of Stradbroke Island is also included in division 2. This is unchanged after recent boundary reviews.
Map Of Division 2 – http://www.ecq.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/33912/DIVISION-2.pdf
I thought the best way to answer this was to show you what I am involved in;
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy UQ Master of Sports Physiotherapy (hons) Griffith University
- Physiotherapist at Sydney 2000 Olympics and Brisbane Goodwill Games
- Owner of Cleveland Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic 1990 – 2015
- Redlands resident since 1990, now living Oyster Point Cleveland
- Volunteer in local bushcare group
- Volunteer exercise class run each week
- Married father of 4 grown daughters
- Volunteer on Sharks Triathlon Club Committee
- Member of Redland City Chamber of Commerce ( Committee member)
- MC at various local events and the odd friends wedding
- Triathlete, mountain bikes, runner, kite surfer, gym friendly.
- Advocate for various not for profit activities and groups
- Supporter and partner to local sporting and tourism events e.g. Straddie salute and Koala fun run
- Member of Bayside runners and walkers, Sharks Triathlon clubs